If you are currently self-harming and don’t know what to do when you get the urge to self-harm give these alternatives a try:
2. Put on plasters where you want to hurt yourself.
3. Draw on yourself with washable red marker-then take a shower and wash away your pain.
4. Scribble on sheets of paper.
5. Write poetry.
6. Cuddle with a stuffed toy.
7. Be with other people.
8. Watch a favorite TV show.
9. Use a stress ball.
10. Try using an Acupuncture ring or bracelet.
11. Make your own list of things to do instead of S.I.
12. Buy a punching bag (with gloves) Name it. Then, have a visit with Bob when you need to.
13. Snap a rubber band (hair band) on your wrist.
14. Tell yourself “I don’t deserve to feel any pain”.
15. Let yourself cry.
16. Listen to music (non-triggering).
17. Meditate. Track your breathing.
18. Call up a friend and catch up.
19. Go somewhere very public.
20. Talk to someone close to you that you trust.
Remember we are always here to help you – just click on the need help button on the screen. You are not alone.