So the day is nearly here for thousands of young people starting their GCSE’s. No doubt you will all be cramming as much revision in between your exams. So we thought we would share our tips with you:
- Find a quiet place where you can work undisturbed.
include every subject in your revision.
- Plan to do short burst of revision in a variety of subjects every
- Get into the habit of revising at set times. Different people learn
best at different times. Find out which is the best time for you.A
- Arrange to have regular breaks of 5-10 minutes between revision
sessions. Use this time to treat yourself to something
you really enjoy.
- Switch off the distractions like your phones, tv etc. Your mind will concentrate better
if you are not distracted. Ask people not to disturb you – not even
to bring you a coffee – until your revision period has finished.
More tips to help you stay calm and focused for the days of your exams:
- Eat a good breakfast – include slow-release carbohydrates, such as whole rolled porridge oats,whole grain bread or low-sugar muesli, as they provide slow-release energy. Add a protein food, such as milk, yoghurt or eggs, to keep you feeling full for longer.
- Take Healthy slow release snacks with you – to help boost your energy levels like fruit like bananas and nuts.
- Avoid stressful situations – find somewhere quiet away from people worrying about the exam.
- Relax – use this breathing technique at anytime you feel anxious before, during or after the exam:
- Tense all your muscles, clench fists, etc
- Now deliberately relax each muscle until you are
- Breathe in deeply through your nose for a count of 3
- Breathe out gently through your mouth for a count of 5
- Repeat this – listening to your
breathing for a couple of minutes.
- If thoughts enter your head let them go – just
concentrate on breathing.
You know you can do so go for it and they will soon be over.
Good luck everyone!! Remember if you are struggling you can come and talk to us anytime on the live chat on this site. We are here to support you.